Getting started

Don't expect words of wisdom or earth shattering revelations, just my thoughts and observations about living in Ottawa, being a public servant and trying to live life every day to its fullest

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Welcome - this is my first "public" blog post. For around two years I have posted in a secure space (ClearSpace) and enjoyed my regular rants ... so I am taking my opinions main stream. Here I am - in all digital glory. Realizing that the internet is forever, I am willing to post what I think. Why? Because it reaffirms what I believe in; honesty.

Please note that I do not claim to have the truth or the answers.

A few things about me; I tweet (@TabTalks) but I do not Facebook.I love the way new technologies have revolutionized how I work and am on the Web2 band-wagon, but I still feel that talking to someone can solve problems and generate ideas faster. I am a technophobe and only own a cell-phone because work says I have to, but here I am blogging! I suppose it boils down to balance and control, I need both.

I am highly committed to Federal Public Service Renewal and empowering people to take control over their lives and careers by creating spaces and opportunities. I am also committed to my friends, my cat and getting into trouble as often as possible (usually not often enough). I scuba dive, snowboard, travel and entertain often unknowingly.

My posts will be on a variety of topics including the Public Service, Web2, travel, City of Ottawa issues, random thoughts and being a woman in Ottawa.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard Tabatha - this is also a good motivator for me to update my own blog, which I've neglected terribly over the past month or so. I'm looking forward to reading about your exploits in Ottawa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm happy to see you talking to the outside world. We need to more direction ;)

    ReplyDelete